Help Kingpin be named the sharpest man in Canada by voting here!!
Few film events excite the sartorially inclined for reasons solely of style and clothing. But when they do… Bammo!
The buzz about Baz Luhrmann‘s 3D film adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald‘s The Great Gatsby has been steadily growing among the dandy set since the project was announced and is expected to only grow until it’s release. Starring as the titular Gatsby is Leonardo DiCaprio, along side Carey Mulligan, Isla Fisher and Tobey Maguire among others.
Fitzgerald’s story is many things, and in Luhrmann’s lush, ocular hands, is expected to be the style experience of the season. The few photos from the production that have been released teasingly promise a treasure trove of well dressed gentlemen in fine dandy style.
There is also a full length trailer that is even more alluring, much like the stories of Fitzgerald himself.
And keep in mind you’ll be able to experience all this gentlemen dress and style in 3D. I’m off to mix a batch of mint juleps in anticipation! I suspect the only thing that could make this movie even more amazing would be a surprise cameo by Ryan Gosling…
- Watch: ‘The Great Gatsby’, 1926 (theparisreview.org)
- Baz Luhrmann crazied up ‘The Great Gatsby’ (popbytes.com)
- Baz Luhrmann’s Glittery ‘Great Gatsby’ (theatlanticwire.com)
- The Great Gatsby trailer shows Baz Luhrmann putting 3D to good use (guardian.co.uk)
- ‘The Great Gatsby’ Trailer: Baz Luhrmann Tackles a Literary Classic (screenrant.com)
- Leonardo DiCaprio: ‘Great Gatsby’ Trailer & Poster Released! (justjared.com)