This item is an Edwardian sterling silver pill-box / fob / locket made in Birmingham, England in 1916. The silver hallmarks are clean and easy to read. They show the company Crisford & Norris made the item. This is just the kind of pill-box that would be found in Downton Abbey.
The show is a highly successful and much-anticipated event on the Toronto vintage fashion scene. This show is all about great vintage clothing, jewellery and fashion accessories, as well as old textiles, linens, fabrics and quilts, including the Canadian military dress uniform pictured above.
- What’ll I Wear?! (vintageshowto.wordpress.com)
- Kingpin (vintageshowto.wordpress.com)
- Pauline Trigere, 1957 (coutureallure.blogspot.com)
- Samantha Howard (vintageshowto.wordpress.com)
- Vintage walks the walk in retro show at Heinz History Center (triblive.com)
- How To Buy Vintage Clothing: A Beginner’s Guide (fashionbead.wordpress.com)
Welcome to the first in a continuing series of Vargas inspired pin ups produced by Kingpin’s Hideaway. Pastel Supernova graces us with her rendition of the wild and cigar-smoking Carmen. She also has on display a gorgeous silk crêpe piano in deep royal purple with a wide border of silk velvet.
- Classic Pin-Up Look is Back in Style (fox4kc.com)
- We ♥ Alberto Vargas, the King of Pin-ups (noirettes.me)
- Kingpin’s Hideaway Ladypin Pin Up for December – Miss Ella Modella (kingpinchic.com)
From Thursday March 15th through to, and including, Monday March 19 Kingpin’s Hideaway is holding their Winter Clearance Sale with select items up to 50% off. Current stock includes dinner suits (tuxedos), Burberry and Aquascutum trench coats, Harris Tweed blazers, and Hugo Boss suits.
- Kingpin’s Hideaway: Dress Like a Man, It’s Better – Sociéte Perrier Review (kingpinchic.com)
- Tartan Comes to the Hideaway (kingpinchic.com)
- Trench score (hipgirlie.com)
- Outfit Idea: Classic must haves…Splurge vs Steal (fitfabcities.com)
Kingpin’s Hideaway is very happy to participate in the 21st annual Toronto Vintage Clothing and Textile Show & Sale that raises money for cancer research with partial proceeds being donated to the Canadian Cancer Society.
The 21st Annual Toronto Vintage Clothing and Textile Show & Sale is the premier annual vintage textiles and clothing show in Toronto, featuring vintage clothing and accessories and vintage designer fashions.
Kingpin’s Hideaway will be bringing lots of interesting and rare vintage clothing items to the show, including a German Victorian leather hat box; a rare Atelier Versace painted silk shirt; Edwardian linen detachable collars & collar studs, ‘Mad Men‘ 60′s two piece suits and even an Italian ‘Rat Pack’ tuxedo.
And in case you think mens vintage clothing will make you look old-fashioned and stodgy, check out the coolest guys in modern history, the ‘Rat Pack’ of 1960′s Vegas, Peter Lawford, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Jr., and Joey Bishop:
and sporting the same debonair, sexy look – Ryan Gosling:
If you’re in the area stop by for a chat about what you love about men who dress like a grownup!
- Vintage Clothing (susanstyleblog.com)
- Underneath a Queen West vintage boutique, Kingpin’s Hideaway sells menswear “with balls” – Shop – November 2011 – Toronto (kingpinchic.com)
- Noble Savage Vintage Loves The Manhattan Vintage Clothing Show (thebestinvintage.wordpress.com)
- Fashion Goes Vintage – A Guide to Vintage Clothing (onetrouser.com)
- Darling Childrens Vintage Clothing. I Didn’t Forget the Little Ones. (thebestinvintage.wordpress.com)